I’m really not too good at this routine thing am I? I seem to only be able to do it the day after?! I need to work on that… anyway right now I am supposed to be studying but I thought, I am already a date late posting so that will come first! We all know that I’m a full-on procrastinator, you read it in my ‘Art of Procrastination’ post, so this post is to help all you others out there, who KNOW you should be doing work, but just can’t seem to get started!
Here are my top tips to help you out:
- Turn off your phone: I know, I know. Don’t worry, I’m addicted to my phone as much as the next person. But simply switching it on silent and on airplane mode is enough for me to keep my head in the game!
Image Credit: www.studyin-uk.com
- Write a list: Including everything and anything. If you have to do something that day, WRITE IT DOWN. There is no greater feeling than crossing out something that you have accomplished.
Image Credit: elitewriteservice.com
- Set a time: For each item that you have on your list, set a time limit. This will help you stay on track, focused and on your toes! Try not to study for periods longer than 50 minutes without having a break, to minimise the time you take getting distractions.
Image Credit: www.imore.com
- Give yourself rewards: After each item you’ve crossed out, give yourself a reward. It can be a break, some chocolate, time on your phone, food, whatever. Something that makes you happy, but don’t forget to time that break too!
Image Credit: baneofyourresistance.com
- Have everything you need at your desk: Having everything you need at your desk, whether its textbooks, laptops, pens, pencils, water, will save you so much time! By doing this, you limit your distractions because you are not out looking for items and getting caught up in something else!
Image Credit: www.h3dwallpapers.com
- Set the scene: No one wants to work at a boring old desk, am I right? So light a candle, open the windows, play some soft relaxing music in the background, whatever it takes to make you feel like you’re not working! Click here for some inspiring desk areas!
Image Credit: http://bit.ly/1LmBq5K
- Get comfy: If you’re not going anyway, get super comfortable! Have a shower and wear your Pajamas if you have too! You don’t want to be fiddling around with your clothing because its bothering you, again – time waster!
Image Credit: prinyourpajamas.com
- Remember that its OK: Set achievable goals and remember that its OK if you don’t get it all done. What matters is that you tried your hardest and you stuck to your schedule. No point stressing if you did everything right!
Image Credit: www.boostturku.com
So that’s all from me today… I need to get back to studying! I will try and follow my own tips but I can’t promise anything 😉 Let me know some of your study tips in the comments! Until next time…
Enjoy the sunshine x